550cc or 650cc injectors?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

livinlow

What injectors for me knowing that I'll want to turn up the psi after I build bottom end. This is for a b18c1 with stock internals, until spring, that I'm going to run a t04e with 57 trim wheel, .63a/r exhaust, and .50 a/r compressor housing. Going to be using hondata of course. The goal is 300 whp tuned on the dyno with my stock internals. Will I outflow the 550's if I want to run 13psi or so on pump gas after the build, or will the 650's be to much for the stock motor? Thanks.

i cannot imagine you would need more than 550cc injectors for 13 psi...not positive but i bet you could do it with 450cc inj. u should not need inj that big for turbo setup running 13 psi max and on stock internals

I would want to turn the boost up more once the engine is ready for it passed 13 psi for the track. Just wanted to run around 13 to 15 after build for the street. Thanks.

see u are now talking about 2 specifically DIFFERENT goals...first u say stock internals....now u say once the motor is uilt ....what do u plan on doin to "build it"and unless you plan on goin to a gm 3 bar map u will not be able to run more than 10 psi roughly...so as u can see there are to many variables....decide exactly what u want for a goal NOW and worry about later when the time comes.

I know I'm trying to describe 2 different goals, was just trying to find an injector that would work for both setups so that once I do the 3 bar map and build the bottom end I won't have to pay another $300 for another set of injectors. I'll just get the 650's, thanks sol.

You Idle wont suffer much worse with that change. When you get into the 800cc injectors it becomes harder to have a low idle.

1200cc injectors have been ideled perfect at 900 rpms with hondata.

its all about the tuner.

my 750's idel my car like stock at 800 rpms.

mase knows his shit. there's no reason why he can't pull off 1000+

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 1 2004, 10:45 AM
mase knows his shit. there's no reason why he can't pull off 1000+
[post=410078]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh, I'm not badmouthing him, but he's the only one I've seen in person tune anything higher than 450cc. He was pretty happy with an 1100 idle (on 800cc+), as he started to get lean misses when the idle was set lower. My experience dosen't go any higher than Prelude VTEC (345cc) injectors. Other than that I won't talk about what I haven't touched.

Back