590hp NA 4-rotor FD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I cant believe the guy. He says he went with the NA 4 rotor because of the "cost of turbo and drivertrain". How about the cost of both motors (joined) with the E-shaft. Im not complaining, because its awesome to see 4 rotors, but the guy's just lying. Its not cheap or easy, but a few 500+hp turbo rx7's are out there; on pump gas and stock trannys.

A real 4 rotor btw: http://www.mazdarotary.net/queenstbmw.htm

That car is the sex.

Maybe the first reliable FD RX7 ever produced. And only 9:1 compression? God man, throw some nitrous at that.

holy crap....i could only wish....9:1 comp....how does that work...i just dont get it.

Rotary engines are impossible for the normal human mind to comprehend.

The people that have understanding of Rotary have broken into a higher plane of existence.

rotarys are soooo freakin simple its amazing...ive only worked on one and i was really just putting it back together...took maybe 5 hours compared to a full V8 that takes about 8...i like em.

i have mixed feelings on rotarys.... they are kinda like communisum... and look really good on paper....

but its soo expensive to do one right.
FMIC
Alum Radiator
3mm Apex seals
single turbo
watercooled wastegate
heatwrap everything.

how is that too expensive...maybe for a HMT deal its too expensive, but done right the build up is way cheaper (minus the fact that you need twice as many injectors...or so it seems)

also, there is a built 350 FD out here in dallas....its SICK at the drag races, but something tells me its a lil top heavy.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Sorry, Russians have had up to 12 rotors in their military / KGB / Spetsnaz vehicles.

Do elaborate. I thought the M60's RISE motor was interesting. A 12 rotor engine? Do tell.

trying real hard to find info. I know this from my two historian friends, one lives in the Philippines (And is from Russia) and the other is here in the states. It's very tough to find info on Soviet equipment :) Tanks actually got the 12 rotor setups. KGB cars commonly got the VAZ 4 rotor and 2 rotor engines. Then some GAZ trucks got the 4 rotors placed side by side.

And they would run on kerosene, horsepiss, or gasoline. whatever you had to burn.

Rotary FTW!1! when it comes to running on anything you throw in it. Probably better than a diesel in that respect.

Back