1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5g Gauge Cluster Removal And Replace

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Spyderturbo, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Spyderturbo

Spyderturbo Senior Member

Hey guys, pretty basic question, did a search and couldn't find anything. Got a new cluster for my CX, with a tach! I just need to know how to pull the bezel off, I undid the two screws at the top, just need to know if there are anymore, it doesn't seem to be coming out, and I don't want to snap it. Is it clips? I'm thinking I missed a screw somewhere but I can't figure it out.....any help appreciated

-Matt

2. Havok

Havok Senior Member

5g are a pain in the ass--take a flathead screwdriver after you take out the two top screws, and feel around the whole a/c vent and dash. There are 4 clips holding it in, you need to pry it out.

3. Spyderturbo

Spyderturbo Senior Member

found two of the four, this will be a multiple screwdriver event :lol:

Thanks for the tip!

-Matt

BTW: Going to see AFI on Friday May 16 in Philly :D

4. paragus

paragus Senior Member

dont forget to disconnect your hazard button plug and your clock.. then after that there are 4 screws holding the cluster.. unplug the old.. plug in the new.

5. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

umm It is real simple ona 5th gen. I did it about 10 minutes ago and only takes a few seconds. DOn't use a flat head screwdriver to pry off the bezel unless you want to leave marks in your dash. I used a dime to get it started then pulled with finger tips. The rest is easy after just getting that part out with the hazard plug and clock.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted