5lb boost on stock b18b safe?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Christiphera

i know that the rod bolts are the weakest link on ls motors. will it withstand 5lb. of boost no problem, or should I be worrying about breakage. i also have 145k on the motor too but she runs very well in my opinion. i had a built 99 civic si and sold her and i cant stay away from boost. i am just a lil out of money to build an engine.

have any of you had any experience with nippon pistons on ebay? how well do they hold up?

because i think im going to try the xs power cheap turbo kits.

i know if i decide to build my motor, i will want to change bearings, bolts and the whole 9 yards.

dont chance it.....arp rod bolts and head studs is really cheap insurance and money very well spent.

It's very possible that the b18b can take 5 lbs but it depends on what turbo your using.

Nippon pistons are great pistons for a cheap project.

I wouldn't cheap out on an XS kit but if you can't have your mind changed then just use their turbo, bov, and wastegate combo. I've seen those parts work just fine. I have also heard mostly bad stories about the rest of their parts. Plus much better parts can be had just by searching around on this site. Good luck.

Like what was said above, it really depends on the turbo that you're using and how well the tuner knows what he/she(if there are any girl tuners out there) is doing. It could be anywhere from 3psi-12psi.You're asking a somewhat unanswerable question.Without providing detailed specs about your setup.

my friend ran 8lbs on a stock b18b...all he changed was too a 255 fuel pump...im pretty sure he was using a drag 3 kit...this does date back about 3 years ago.

Back