5th gear ?!!!?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cant get enough

i got that issue in 5th gear it's ok when im driving slow but when i go fast shifting from first gear all gears ok but when i put it in 5th gear it's like the vtec go on and off and the engine rest down like i dnt know how to explain it but even if i let it in fifth gear slowley and step on the gas till the vtec open it's happen to it's like that is the limit of the engine and wount go more but still in 150-180 mph i cheak'd the ecu and the fuel pump the oil level and all ok!! what could be the problem one month since i swapped it and yasterday was my first time speeding in 5th gear and see this issue:ph34r:

oh sorry i mean in kph in i forgot in gulf spec we dnt use the milage gauges the kilometer once :ph34r:

Last edited:
Speed Limiter. Your ECU has a speed limiter which engages at 180 kph, which is about 5200 rpm in 5th gear (give or take a little for tire size), which is about where VTEC engages. This equates to about 112-113 mph.

Without a chipped, aftermarket, or USDM ecu, you cannot exceed 180 kph (for H22 ecu's)

thaanx evrey one :) hondatrain igot a chipp from e-bay (spoon) but i don't think so it's a really spoon chipp i put it and the kick in at 5500 and rev is about 8500 it's the creapist chipp i ever seen :D i will wait till i take the p28 ecu chipp it and tune it :)

Yea, I personally wouldn't trust a "chip" from ebay. And besides that, I've heard on several occasions that most honda computers will eventually learn the "chip" and compensate for it. If you're going to tune a car, you really need to do it properly; like with hondata, crome, aem ems, etc.

Last edited:
yeah i was going for the hondata s300 but my causin told me to not waist my money on hondata cause my engine is stock so he tell me to get the p28 ecu iquess the small one and he will tune it to me evreything i want to do and ask him about or when i tell him to teach me he say learn by your self :mad: some day im gonna burn his civic and when he say help i will say to him help your self :D

thaanx evrey one :) hondatrain igot a chipp from e-bay (spoon) but i don't think so it's a really spoon chipp i put it and the kick in at 5500 and rev is about 8500 it's the creapist chipp i ever seen :D i will wait till i take the p28 ecu chipp it and tune it :)

Yeah, chips like that are garbage. All they do is send false signals to your ECU so that it will add more fuel into the mix. You might get a few extra horses from it, but you might not. You might also actually hurt your engine. I'd get rid of that chip ASAP if I were you. A chipped P28 would be a better solution, but still, don't expect huge gains on an essentially stock motor...

Back