5th Gen Accord H22a4 swap idle problems.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ChromaAccordH22

I've got an H22a4 in my 95 Accord EX. When I use a chipped P28 ECU it runs fine but only has one VTEC engagement. When I tried a P72 or P13 or P13 chipped it idles way too low and just dies out. I want to get both VTECs to engage. Anyone have any ideas?

Oh. I did read somewhere before that some wires on my ecu harness needs to be switched around to work? Something with the EGR? But I'm not sure if that is the problem at all.

Thanks for any ideas or help on this.

There's no such thing as "two VTEC's". Do you mean that the IAB (secondary intake runners) is not opening? Check your wiring for that, one wire needs to be run from the IAB to the ECU (it may be two now that I think of it).

Yes, if you've got a 95 Accord, you'll need to switch pins A6 and A11 at the ECU. This will most likely fix any idling or fuel problems you're having.

Yes, I meant the secondary runners. I'll try switching those pins and let you know. Thanks dohcvtec_accord.

What do you mean by chasis code 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3?

No, he really did mean chassis code. I believe the chassis code for 5th gen's is BB.

thanks dohcvtec_accord, I dont even own one, but my friend does, I knwo my chassis code, just thought he'd want to know his, thanks man!

Back