5th gen h22 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rosta97

hate to make my first post be a new thread, but here goes.

I have a 97 accord, and was offered my friends H22a out of his 97 USDM prelude. It does not come with a tranny or ECU, I know the trannies will bolt up. But I read the 97+ ludes have a immobilizer and different pin outs for the ECU. So I was wondering what ECU i would have to get for it to work in my accord. also would there be any other problems i would run into. your help is greatly appreciated

Cameron

I would just suggest converting to OBD1 and running a chipped p28 or p72. You can also run a p13 which is the OBD1 prelude ecu without chipping it. You MUST chip the p28 or p72 though.

I also have a 97 Accord with a 97 USDM prelude motor, and I am running a chipped p72.

Where do you live? When I had to go through emissions, I just put my accord ecu back in there let it go through its checks which takes about a day starting it and running it 30 miles or so, and then took it in with no check engine lights. Thats all there is too it, actually the guys were so obsessed with it they probably would've passed it anyway.

I live in new hampshire, I have some time to figure it out though, cause my H22 needs to be completely rebuilt.

You should be good to go on emission in new hampshire doing it like I did, the only place I hear that is really stingy is California. If you do decide to stay obd2, I think you can stick with the 96 ecu's cause they dont have an immobilizer. Think the code is p5m or there is supposed to be an obd2 p13 but I've never seen one.

Back