6 speed????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Dec 1 2003, 05:47 PM
Where's the banned by calesta icon when I need it?

:calban:

No banning is going to happen here though.

So could you hook a 6 sp up to an 02+ Si from an 02+ RSX-S???

my friend with a SI said he was looking at doing that and he found taht you could but you would need a different shift linkage i think.

Originally posted by highperboi@Dec 2 2003, 07:53 PM
my friend with a SI said he was looking at doing that and he found taht you could but you would need a different shift linkage i think.

and cut a notch for the stick for the 6th gear location

Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 2 2003, 10:38 PM
So could you hook a 6 sp up to an 02+ Si from an 02+ RSX-S???

Yes. I have done it, and so has Rodney on ephatch.com. Here is his write-up on kseries.com: Tranny Swap

The shifter arm does not need to be modified that much, though. You can remove about half as much material and it will work fine.

i thought that honda only made a 5 speed and because the honda engine spins backward you couldnt put anyother transmission on it ie...toyota or mitsu

honda has 6 speed trannys for the K series
the K series does not spin in the same backwards direction that the older honda engines did

the S2000 engine (F20C) also comes with a 6 speed but thats a RWD tranny so its useless to you

the NSX also comes with a 6 speed but thats a C32(??) and again is pretty much useless to you

so honda has made 6 speed trannys .... but the engines that mate to them will not go into a older civic without throwing some LARGE amounts of cash at it

dont forget the CL type S which also came in 6 speed

oh yeah and some legend coupes have 6 speed too.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 3 2003, 01:27 PM
honda has 6 speed trannys for the K series
the K series does not spin in the same backwards direction that the older honda engines did

the S2000 engine (F20C) also comes with a 6 speed but thats a RWD tranny so its useless to you

the NSX also comes with a 6 speed but thats a C32(??) and again is pretty much useless to you

so honda has made 6 speed trannys .... but the engines that mate to them will not go into a older civic without throwing some LARGE amounts of cash at it

haha you could always just turn your car around and spend the money to convert the front dash into the rear side of the driver seat...that way you'd have 6 speeds in reverse...but you'd go forward. :huh:

Back