6p to 8p distributer wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

oldschoolcivic

I got a 90 civic and im dropping in a b16. I got all the wiring done except the distributer. My harness has a 6p connector and the distributer has a 8p connector.
I need help finding out how to wire in my stock harness to the b16 distributer.

y dont u just use a 90-91integra dizzy with a leg cut off or, a 88-91 sir dizzy. it plugs right in if you get one of these.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Apr 15 2004, 11:35 PM
y dont u just use a 90-91integra dizzy with a leg cut off or, a 88-91 sir dizzy. it plugs right in if you get one of these.

well he has a B16.....so why would he get a 90-91 integra Dizzy and cut one leg off? :p all he has to do is swap it to a 8 pin connector with the dizzy he already has.

you need a round connector from 88-91 CRX/Civic Si or CRX HF - or if your B16 came with a harness, you can use the connector from it

im assuming you already have the B16 engine harness that came with your B16? you should also have the Dizzy that came with the motor. You need to depin you old 6 pin connector, depin the 8 pin connector(engine harness), take the pins from your old 6 pin and insert into 8 pin in the proper location. You didnt state if you had an Si or Dx. Im not sure if you had to to the DPI to MPFI conversion?

Back