$8,000 What to do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

He wants to put it into his Prelude from the sound of it.

Turbo, suspension, brakes, done. Still some cash left over I bet.

Start a retirement fund with like 5 grand of it. Take the three and buy all the bolt on stuff you can. Intake, headers, exhaust, intake manifold, clutch, flywheel, all the usual stuff.

I agree with boostedf22 and him alone. Dude build your bottom end and turbo that bitch. The h22 isnt the best choice for all motor because the bottom end cant RELIABLY handle the high revs. Bore it, sleeve it, knife the crank, low comp pistons, rods and rings, turbo kit, clutch kit, fuel system, turbo cams, and maybe do the valves and springs and mild porting if you got the extra money.massive hp oh and exhaust is mandatory

What do you care what other people are driving? Looks like you're pimpin' a turbo Eclipse yourself...

Yeah, but i'm gettin' rid of it soon. I have an 88 lude and a 91 civic that i wanna work on, and the Eclipse will cost me more to get it where i want it, more than the lude or civic will. Plus, i'm starting to like Hondas a whole lot more, nowadays. Considering the gas prices, and my paycheck isn't exactly where it should be for a mechanic. I work with what i've got. Besides, i like boost, but i'm just gonna concentrate on n/a for now. Handling more than power. Power without handling is nothing.

Believe it or not ,,, Most the members here dont even own a Honda.
What's the point, then? That's like me owning a 92 Mitsu GST and becoming a member of a Toyota Supra forum, and posting there all the time. Isn't it? I mean, the whole point of being on a certain car forum is because you either own one already, or you're seriously thinking about buying one. I dunno. I guess that one is just beyond me. I don't understand how some people think, sometimes. Or even survive, for that matter.

Not tryin' to smack talk, just stating the obvious, i guess.

What's the point, then? That's like me owning a 92 Mitsu GST and becoming a member of a Toyota Supra forum, and posting there all the time. Isn't it? I mean, the whole point of being on a certain car forum is because you either own one already, or you're seriously thinking about buying one. I dunno. I guess that one is just beyond me. I don't understand how some people think, sometimes. Or even survive, for that matter.

Not tryin' to smack talk, just stating the obvious, i guess.

Most of the people that have been here awhile DID own one.

N/A is cool, but how is handling effected by whether your car is turbo or N/A? That sounds like a suspension thing to me. N/A cars can be just as fast as turbo cars. N/A horsepower is more powerful than turbo horsepower, but you can get higher HP numbers with turbo. But you're right, if you wanna save gas DON"T go turbo. What you should really do is buy $8k worth of APC stickers and get some seat covers and a big aluminum wing. I heard those APC stickers add 10hp apiece, so you'll be scootin! Oh, and a neon license plate frame can add 10-20hp as well depending on the application.

Dude if you build the motor right than next time you get money like that than boost it actualy does something. And remember VTEC and a H22 was the best combo ever made

Dude if you build the motor right than next time you get money like that than boost it actualy does something. And remember VTEC and a H22 was the best combo ever made
OK, a period or comma would help out.

8k will build a motor and boost it.

What's the point, then? That's like me owning a 92 Mitsu GST and becoming a member of a Honda forum, and posting there all the time. Isn't it? I mean, the whole point of being on a certain car forum is because you either own one already, or you're seriously thinking about buying one. I dunno. I guess that one is just beyond me. I don't understand how some people think, sometimes. Or even survive, for that matter.

Not tryin' to smack talk, just stating the obvious, i guess. ]

FIXED*

Oh no its smack talk !! For one you came here owning a DSM and posting in a Honda forum...WTF are you trying to say there. You changed your rides after something was said ... So who knows or cares .... I am a member of many other vehicle forums. As to I have mechanic knowledge of other makes. You just dont become a member to a forum just because you wanna have a car or want to get that car. Like I said before I know a there quite a few people here that doesnt own nor want a Honda. Just come and offer helpful advice, bullshit, ect!!

New sig FTW !!

khrisb - I'm not saying YOU have to understand it, thats just the facts. An N/A car with 250hp will beat a turbo car with 250hp in a drag plain and simple. N/A power is more powerful than turbo power. Do some research before you try and call people out.

don't forget to add the "vtech" phone

And N/A is not always more powerful than a turboed car. Depends on the setup on both sides. Could have either just designed for peak power or designed for a flatter power curve.
Turbo/superchargers usually have a little more potential and a little more "bang" for your buck

Back