84 Accord 4 Door

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ForumStomp157

What would be a good engine to swap into this car? Current engine is fried. With your suggestion please post any difficulites I might encounter.

You'd have to conver everything to EFI specs and not to mention the wiring will be a pain in da butt! Also, no mounts are available for your year. Mount kits for B series motors start from 86-89 accords.

Hey man I feel your pain. I've got two 1985 Accord LX sedans. One of has been stripped for parts. The other is getting the ES2 engine from the first one. I also have an 84 Accord Hatchback LX. My big project is to do an engine swap for it and use 2 Weber 40 DCOE on it with a custom manifold. I'm probably going to have to go with an A20 motor, but I'm trying to figure out how I can fit a B20 form an early prelude into it. If your Accord wasn't EFI to begin with then forget it, wiring it for another engine will be a bitch. The sedan is heavier than the hatchback and doesn't have the rear wishbone suspension. If you really want to hang onto the 85 Accord sedan, try finding a carbed A20 from an early (86 or 87) Accord and go with either a dual Weber set up or just get a replacement down draft carb from Weber or Holly. You will have to build a manifold either way. The stock carb system on the Gen. 2 and early Gen 3 Accords are a major pain in the ass, with all that emission control vacuum shit. If you're not concerned with emissions and fuel economy then go with the dual Webers. If I had the money I would buy a Gen. 3 Accord LX hatchback. I love the Accord Hatchbacks, and I'm not going to give up on mine even though it's almost an antique. I know the 85 Accord LX sedan inside and out literally. I tore the first one apart two weeks ago. If you have questions email me. My friend who is helping engineer my project has made us a dedicated G2 Accord website. Email me for the link.

Back