1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

86 Accord Lxi

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by onebadcrawler, Nov 15, 2008.

1. onebadcrawler

onebadcrawler New Member

Hi i'm new to the site. But i have a 86 Accord Lxi that i am wanting to swap a new motor into, but i don't know a whole lot about honda motors as i am more of a diesel guy. But i am wanting to learn more about them seeing how i own one. My question is to which motor i should swap into it and if there are any kits out there to help make it a little easier? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. slowlx

slowlx Junior Member

You should check out 3geez.com. There is a lot of good info for the 3rd gen accord on that site.

3. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

B-series engines (B16, B18, etc.) have been done, but it's not exactly a bolt-in procedure. As the other guy suggested, 3geez.com is probably going to be a better resource for you since they specialize in 3rd-gen Accords...

4. onebadcrawler

onebadcrawler New Member

I do understand that its gonna be alot of work but that doesn't really worry me. I've done motor swaps on other vehicles before just never on a honda. Thanks for all the input i appreciate it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted