87 Accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CA5Honda

hey i have an 87 accord and i was wondering if anyone sells cold air intakes, or just even intakes?

If it's an LX-I then you could just make your own. If it's a DX (or carbed) it would be harder.
You maybe better to ask if there is a bigger throttle-body that will bolt on without fabbing. Take your intake hose off and look toward the T/B, is it all nasty, gunky? Is the PCV port have too much oil from it? It might be bad. Anyhow, clean it out and you'll have better throttle response.
The cold air things don't help much if the air isn't flitered well.

In the past, there was a few Accord-specific sites that had some interesting info on them, Like a prelude dohc head swap..
And i think you can still find headers for them.

I love the 86-87 accord LXi hatchback. They just have a neat look to them.
That would be a nice platform for a H22 swap too!

E

Have you tried looking on E-Bay? Try that, and then also try www.3geez.com, it's a forum specifically for 3rd-gen Accord enthusiasts, so you can see what the guys there are doing for intakes. Also, a company by the name of "Spectre" sells pieces that you can use to build your own custom intake. Look them up online or just check your local auto parts store. A lot of the chain stores will sell Spectre pieces...

Back