87 civic sedan idle/stalling problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yea i noticed its very touchy. my squeaky belt was, i think contributing to the rpm problem. i noticed that the rpms do drop below 1k, but doesnt cut out.

mine idled perfect (for it, meaning not at 3-4 k or not at ZERO!) thursday.... not one stall. i drove 41 miles. i thought it was cured. yesterday it stalled 4 times, or so, but not all the time. i have narrowed it down to the choke. by looking at thecarb i see where the screw on the drivers side way low adjusts the choke plate. i backed that out some. i'm not doing much and keeping track of any adjustments cuz i really don't know waht i'm doing! i'm hoping the factory manual will help. plus i'm on a second round of sea foam. but its not worse. thanks Celerity for suggesting a stuck choke. :) :)

mine idled perfect (for it, meaning not at 3-4 k or not at ZERO!) thursday.... not one stall. i drove 41 miles. i thought it was cured. yesterday it stalled 4 times, or so, but not all the time. i have narrowed it down to the choke. by looking at thecarb i see where the screw on the drivers side way low adjusts the choke plate. i backed that out some. i'm not doing much and keeping track of any adjustments cuz i really don't know waht i'm doing! i'm hoping the factory manual will help. plus i'm on a second round of sea foam. but its not worse. thanks Celerity for suggesting a stuck choke. :) :)

Back