87 CRX HF swap ?'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMH22Integra

I own an 87 HF, but I've heard you can't swap stuff into them very easily. Is this true, is the Si and easier frame to swap into? I'd like to be near the 175-200 HP range while staying light as possible.

I also saw the 85-86 HF weighs a LOT less, is this the same swapwise as the 87's? Not building a daily driver or autox car, just a toy.

Your CRX has loads of potential swap options. What I would do is a SOHC VTEC and Boost it. Or DOHC ZC and Boost it. But it is really up to you and what you really want. The possibilities are endless. :ph34r:

Your CRX has loads of potential swap options. What I would do is a SOHC VTEC and Boost it. Or DOHC ZC and Boost it. But it is really up to you and what you really want. The possibilities are endless. 

incorrect the mount on the driver side in the 1g is on tthe front of the engine not the side like ef, eg, etc even though the engine is a D series its actually an EW block

the easiest swap would be a D16a1 from an 86-87 teg w/ vacuum advance ignition 88-89 teg will require a little more work

almost forgot unless you want to buy side drafts for the d16a1 :ph34r: you need to change to fuel injection

How would a boosted B16 work out in it? I am not afraid of wiring, or a lot of hours in the garage, I just want to have a general timeframe and idea of what I'll be doing.

i wouldnt waste my time swapping in a USDM puss D16A1....id go for the B16... B) I own a G1 Teg and had the D16 form the factory, i swapped for a B16 and would never go back. You could even swap in a B18 from a 90+ integra if you wanted to.

if its just a toy you'll love the side drafts they suck up gas like a vacuum but they will suprize you with how much you can get out of them

webcams makes cams specifically for the dohc d-series engines
WITH CARBS that are very inexpensive

try and talk to someone who has carbs on a dohc engine and see what they say

if you dont like the d16a1 idea get a swap from a 85-86 accord 1.8 sohc 12V cvcc
use a head from an 87 rex si, change to side drafts, and get a cam for it :secret:

Back