88 91 civic suspension question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18b1_delsol

Can you use any other year of civic suspension on 88 91 civic like 92 95 springs and struts or is the geometry thrown off or will it not work all together? What about da or dc? Thanks

You can use shocks from newer Civics and Integras, but you'll need to reuse the EF's front fork and the ride height will be different, so I wouldn't really recommend it...

Even if the heights were the same they would compress different because all the other Civics/Integras weigh more than the EF also. Bad Idea, stick with ones that are set up for the EF.

I just put 90 teg springs (cut 2 1/2 coils) on my stock ED front struts and it didn't lower it at all! I used the stock ED (civ 4dr)
struts since they are about 1 1/2 shorter than the DA (teg)ones.
It took longer to cut the springs than getting them out so I think this weekend I'll be cutting another loop or so off.
Sure it's gonna be stiffer but I like it that way. And I dont' drive like a goof either.
I also did the teg (DA) rear control arms and swing arm to get disc brakes and now the caster is negative almost an inch or so.
Kinda looks like the older BMW's rear with the tire tops pointing in.. It IS crisper in the corners though.

E

Back