88 accord swap ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

custompainter

drive it like U stole it
ok heres my thought i have an 88 accord that is about to die and i have a 89 integra with rebuilt zc dual cam and the car has no title
is it possible to pop the zc in the accord well i know it possible but how much of a pain in the ass is it to do this swap ???

ok so i did some serchin on my own come to find out you have to done some major work for this swap to happen replace the fuel lines and a bunch of sh-t not worth the time from what i found out better to just buy a new car

Why not just replace the same motor in the car. Throwing a LXi motor will bolt right up . Those motors cost very little amount. 300 at most round my way.

or put a b20 from a vigor in there its a direct bolt in also and it has 160hp

i think the tranny will also but im not real sure, but if you find where to get them let me know because the b20 jdm vigor motors are hard to find

what model accord do you have? if it's a dx/lx that has a carb, then yeah, you'll have to convert the car to efi first before putting in any efi motor. that involves changing fuel pump, fuel lines, etc. you basically have to have an lx-i/se-i donor car for it to make it easiest/cheapest on you. but, the b20a/a20a3 do use the same intake manifold. and the a20a3 and a20a1 have the same head port design. so basically, you can use a20a1 carb setup on a b20a engine, but it might run a bit lean bc b20a flows more.

The third generation Accord's available engines included the following:
In Japan: The A18A, B18A, and B20A.
In Europe: The A16A1, A20A4, and B20A2.
In North America: The A20A1, A20A2, and A20A3.

So any of these motors will work and should bolt to the transmission .
wrong on the transmission part. any a20a1-a20a4 transmission is interchangeable. and i believe the a18a and a16a1 transmissions are as well with the a20a. the b18a transmission is only partially interchangeable. why do i say partially? the b18a tranny and a20a tranny are apparently almost the same. the only difference seems to be the bellhousing. so if you use a b18a bellhousing, you can use your a20a transmission on a b20a engine, as the b20a transmission and b18a transmission are not the same. however, the b18a is nearly impossible to find in 5-speed, so good luck on getting a bellhousing. and the b20a isn't much easier to locate in 5-speed either. however, i do know of someone who has access to some automatic versions of the b20a.
look at this thread for more info:
I think I'm going to cry. I found the solution to the B20A "RARE" transmission. - 3geez

i have a question

i have an 87 accord and i was wanting to know how to install a b18a to replace my a20a1:confused:

Back