88 CRX w/ B18a1 handling question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spdr

I recently completed my b18 swap and whenever I shift and give it some gas while driving it wants to pull to the right.. I was wondering if anyone out there had experienced that too.. and if so what it was caused by and how it can be corrected?

hmm... sounds like torque steer. The B18 puts out considerably more torque than your old engine, and the right wheel being closer to the transmission gets more power. If you give it gas, or when you shift, it's inevitable that you will feel it pull to the right.

First of all, I don't think the "right wheel being closer to the transmission" has nothing to do with the pulling since it is the length of the axles what matters (considering they are identical...). Torque steer should only manifest itself when the steering wheel is not straight an it tries to center itself, or when on wheel looses traction. IMO, I can think of a couple of reasons why your car might be pulling consistently to the right.

a ) Wheel-alignment,
b ) Engine-alignment,
c ) Incorrect axles,
d ) Failure to remove bearing cover from hub and spacer from correct axles (see Hasport for instructions),
e ) You're driving on a banked surface.

I have the same engine in my car an it does not pull. Hope in helps.

Back