88 Honda CRX Swap B20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Vizzion

Sorry to ask another currently same question! Here is my current plans. I have a B18b out of a 1994 Acura Integra LS Automatic, and a YS1 tranny out of a 90 Acura Integra with axles from the the same year currently sitting in my garage but I have second thoughts. I have know been offered a B20 out of a 2000 CR-V and was think on purchasing this engine but I am not sure of the bolt up process and parts that it would require to put this engine in my car, and if it was possible. I was wondering if any of ya'll have done this swap to a crx, and what will it take to make this 2000 engine work in my crx. Also do ya'll think it would be best to continue with what I was working on or proceed with the next application. I've also thought of LS-VTECH or as they would say CRV-TECH, but was not sure. I was hoping ya'll could clear this one up for me. To all those that post I appreciate the help on helping me out,Thanks

:spin:

Its doable. Its just the same as putting ls motor or any b series motor in our cars. Anyways you will have to use the LS intake manifold. If you wanna keep it non obd. I'd suggest you get the obd0 fuel injectors,dist and ecu.

So I should probably purchase a non obd intake manifold off of a 90 - 91 Acura Integra non-vtech engine correct me if I'm wrong. Or can I use the Si intake manifold on it?

The crx si intake manifold? Thats not gonna work. You can get the skunk2 while your at it.

Originally posted by Vizzion@Oct 7 2003, 06:35 PM
So I should probably purchase a non obd intake manifold off of a 90 - 91 Acura Integra non-vtech engine correct me if I'm wrong.

yea, that would be great.

Yep, the B20 fits fine. Yes, you will need the intake manifold from the 90/93 integra motor.
Picture%20039.jpg

u need IM manifold, distributor, injectors and ecu from a non-obd integra. u will also need the clutch and throttle cable from the integra, and use an integra cable tranny.

Will the 90 -93 Clutch bolt on to earlier model B -Series motors such as my 94 Teg B18b, Also is the this true or what do ya'll think someone told me I could use the Injectors of of my 1.6 Si engine or D16, is this true? I am currently looking for a Stage 2 clutch for my application but I have to sure that what I'm purchasing will work with my swap. By the way, Ya'll thanks for the info,

Also this my Current Collection:

( 94 ) Acura Integra LS B18b1
( 91 ) YS1 Cable Transmission
( 91 ) Acura Integra PR4 ECU
( 91 ) Acura Integra LS Axles and intermediate shaft
( 91 ) Acura Integra Throttle Cable
( 91 ) Acura Integra Speedo Cable
Greedy SP 2 System on it's was on freight or whatever.

Still need:

( 90 - 91 ) Acura Integra Intake Manifold
( 90 - 91 ) Acura Integra Clutch which will be order this week.
Hasport Mounts have been ordered awaiting shipment!
( 90 - 91 ) Distributor located at NAPA

Am I missing something ya'll, Please correct me if I'm wrong or forgot something!

ok #1, u seem like a nice guy so i wont flame u. but vtec = honda's vtech = phones. now that that is outa the way. to install the b20 in ur CRX, u will need to do 2 hard things, change the engine to obd1 and the car to obd1, so u will need

for the engine: swap in an obd1 integra IM
obd1 injectors
obd1 distributor
obd1 engine harness

for car
obd1 engine harness
obd1 ecu

then u just need hasport b series into ef mounts. i recommend against the b20, as it was a truck engine, and is not mad to rev as happy as say a b18. unless u sleeve it and get alot of headwork done, it isnt the best choice. also, cr/vtec is alot slower than a b20turbo and costs about the same, and requires alot less work and alot less nowhow. any more questions let me know.

b/c u cant switch an obd2 motor to obd0. u can only change 1 obd, so u change engine to obd1, and car to obd1.

Originally posted by Vizzion@Oct 7 2003, 06:35 PM
So I should probably purchase a non obd intake manifold off of a 90 - 91 Acura Integra non-vtech engine correct me if I'm wrong. Or can I use the Si intake manifold on it?

It's VTEC, not VTECH... fucktard

why cant you change a obd2 motor to obd0? all you would need is the obd0 dizzy,injectors, im and ecu, there will be extra sensors on the block but i dont see y you cant do it.. inform me please

-joseph

Originally posted by crx@Oct 13 2003, 01:19 AM
why cant you change a obd2 motor to obd0? all you would need is the obd0 dizzy,injectors, im and ecu, there will be extra sensors on the block but i dont see y you cant do it.. inform me please

-joseph

IT can be done. I dont know whre he get that idea from but hes wrong.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Oct 11 2003, 02:23 AM
b/c u cant switch an obd2 motor to obd0. u can only change 1 obd, so u change engine to obd1, and car to obd1.

Willing to put money on that?

Okey another problem what engine do I specify when I order a clutch,the 94 model or 90-91. I want to order the clutch this week. Also what stage do ya'll recommend, I was thinking stage 2 but don't know.

Oh by the way ya'll thanks for the information. I appreciate it, this by far the most information I have got on the net.

Back