88 Honda CRX Swap B20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Vizzion@Oct 13 2003, 10:35 PM
Okey another problem what engine do I specify when I order a clutch,the 94 model or 90-91. I want to order the clutch this week. Also what stage do ya'll recommend, I was thinking stage 2 but don't know.

You need to order the clutch for the year of tranny you have.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Oct 11 2003, 02:23 AM
b/c u cant switch an obd2 motor to obd0. u can only change 1 obd, so u change engine to obd1, and car to obd1.

:poke:

who told you that?

put an obd0 intake manifold (with TB & injectors) & dizzy on, and you've got yourself an obd0 compatible motor.

put an obd0 intake manifold (with TB & injectors) & dizzy on, and you've got yourself an obd0 compatible motor

this is for a 91 si. so i can buy a gsr at the auction and just buy a b16 tb, injectors, and dizzy on the swap? what about a jumper for the ecu. or should i just use the ecu and harness from a teg. damn, this shit is confusing.

By the way what Clutch do ya'll recommend! And what do ya'll use and have had experience with! I was thinking ACT!

Originally posted by get_nick@Oct 14 2003, 11:43 PM
put an obd0 intake manifold (with TB & injectors) & dizzy on, and you've got yourself an obd0 compatible motor

this is for a 91 si. so i can buy a gsr at the auction and just buy a b16 tb, injectors, and dizzy on the swap? what about a jumper for the ecu. or should i just use the ecu and harness from a teg. damn, this shit is confusing.

you need the whole intake manifold, dude. obd0 intake manifold, TB, injectors, and dizzy.

you'll use the harness that's already in your car. you'll prolly have to add/lengthen some wires thogh. nothing too hard.

you'll have to get an obd0 ecu, or if you want to use the ecu that came with the motor you'll have to get a jumper.

Ya'll where do ya'll get ya'll clutches for great prices. I've been looking around and some run for almos 500 dollars.

just use a stock clutch unless you are going to put a shitload of horsepower on it. my friend uses a stock clutch on his crvtec and it grabs great.

Thanks man, so would it be a waste of money to purchase a stage two. I do plan on adding a turbo after awhile.

always upgrade clutch, if ur friend cant spin a stock cluthc with a cr/vtec, its built wrong. b/c before i put my clutch it, and i had my new cams in, i could roast my clutch without trying.

Back