89 civic dx hatchback

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tompumped

What's up people. I'm seriously considering buying said car, but I want to know if it's a good candidate for a motor swap. I don't know as much as some people about hondas, but I know a good ammount, and I know i'm qualified to do a motor swap. I would be looking for an obd I engine, but I guess I don't really have to worry, because I have my inspectors lisence. Could you guys give me some ideas on different swaps, I didn't search yet, but ideas would be good, than I will do the research. I just want to be able to get a jdm motor and swap it in, than I will rebuild it and make a monster when it goes. I may consider making a monster as my first, but i'd like to just do a swap first, to get familiarized. I know there's much more involved in building a worked motor, but I could handle it. I definitely want a manual trans also.

I've kind of been anti import, after seeing my friend dump a whole bunch of money into a gsr, and it was still slow, plus a lot of kids give imports a bad name. It's a joke. I was very impressed with another friends CRX, he had only a stock 1.8 ls swap, and it was faster than the gsr with work. It wasn't the driver either, they were both good at shifting/racing. I have also been into v8s, I just got done with my first rebuild, and I don't know why I wasted my time. It will cost so much more in gas, than a worked 4 cylinder. I will probably be running high 12s, but I could've built a honda, and still got decent gas mileage. thanks guys, any information is appreciated

Also the motor in the car spun a rod bearing, I may consider building that motor also. You don't see too many impressive sohc motors by me, I was looking more along the lines of dohc. I guess it makes more sense to build a dohc motor, if your going to spend the money why not get the most horsepower you can. I also don't care about looks, I know the car is ugly.

I'd imagine it's not very hard to wire the car for MPFI, does it consist of swapping the whole wire harness? I'm guessing not. I will look into it. Nice pic, and quotes, thanks.

Back