89 crx hf Swap??? help!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89CRXXX

Ive been a fan of honda for many years and ive decided its time to take the next step and do a motor swap in my crx what engine do you recomend i wanna stay under 5k$ but i wanna have a decently quick car!! I was hoping to turbo it too so anyway any input at all would be much appreciated thanks!!

where your from ?..but on to my opinion, if your for sure gona boost it i would just go with a b18b but if not its hard to beat a good all way around b18c gsr

Im from Oregon i was gonna go to garage 808 where my buddy went but i cant afford a professional shop to do it for me and its the point that i can say i did it myself!! i heard the F20 DOHC is a really great start because the bottom end was built for racing and it can be boosted without building the bottom.. is that true??

i just found a f20b type R for 1100$ engine and ecu wiring harness and all id have to find is a B16 lsd tranny and build a F2B!! i think that would be a power house and make my light little crx move even without boost!! any input on that idea??

well if it was me i would still pick either of the motors i listed over the f20b, if something happens it will be hard to get parts for, well not hard just not as easy as the others. but at the end of the day once you start boosting stuff your ganna be making around the same power, so i would save al that extra money and just do the b18b with boost and a good tune, or even build up the bottom end more with a 5k budget.and not to mention the b series is a heck of alot easier to put in than the f or h series would be

ok thanks for the input i dont want to get in over my head so i think a ls with a decent build and turbo and dyno tuned will be reasonable inexpensive and make good numbers i would like to be around 250 whp shouldnt be to hard to do even with a ls non vtec.. thanks for the info!!

plus a b series in a crx has been done a million times and theres far more support for the swap than a f or h swap.

Back