89 crx running issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

frogger1169

i bought a 89 crx with a zc second gen motor in it, fouls plugs horribly all the time. it has the honda distro in it and im sure i need the integra one. what i need to know is if any part of the harness or ecu has to be changed. it also has a sensor that is not hooked up on the other cam beside the distro. while my ecu that is in it run this car properly and will the ignitor work as well. i also need to know if the injectors will work. right now it is running on just one cylinder because it has fouled the other plugs. i put new ones in it and it almost immediately turns them black.
ZC stamped on block, black valve cover, dual cams

the 88-91 OBD0 DOHC ZC uses the same distributor as the 88 or 89 Integra D16A1 which is a model TD03U - the model number is stamped on the side of one of the distributor attaching arms - the sensor on the end of the exhaust camshaft is the CYLinder sensor and has a green 2-wire connector with blue with green stripe and blue with yellow stripe wires - the blue/green wire runs to ECU pin C1 and the blue/yellow wire runs to ECU pin C2 - if the car was originally a DX model, the wires for the CYLinder sensor are two of the wires that were added when converting it from DPFI to MPFI - the spark plug wire locations on the DOHC ZC are not the same as on the SOHC engines - spark plug wires need to be like this:
zcfiringorder2-3.jpg

crx running issues

i dont believe it was a dx model, any idea what is causing it to run crappy? do i need to change the ecu or will it work?

what ECU is in it? - the factory ECU for the JDM OBD0 DOHC ZC is a PM7 - you can also use the 88-89 (not 86-87) Integra PG7 or the 88-91 CRX/Civic Si/EX PM6

it is th factory ecu that was in the car. im pretty sure its just a crx, its not a dx and im pretty sure its not an si.

look at the sticker on the side of the ECU and see what ECU it is - the number will be something like 37820-PM6-001

Back