89 D15 to 91 D15

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

F40

Will replacing the 89 D15B2 with a 91 D15B2 be a direct swap, or is the 91 an OBD1 engine? Was 91 still dual port injection? Lastly, did the California cars have any extra emissions stuff? Thanks.

88-91 are all the same engine and all OBD0 - Calif DX with automatic transmission had different emission controls, namely, an EGR Valve

The engines will be a direct swap. If you have any extra emissions controls that you have to retain for California, just use what you have working on the old engine and put it on the new engine. The head and block will be the exact same between both D15B2s, so you could just keep all the current emissions hardware and use it on the new engine.

you be aight. like cal said, direct swap. nothing special. you may gain some ponies. are you converting to mpfi?

Quoted post[/post]]
you be aight. like cal said, direct swap. nothing special. you may gain some ponies. are you converting to mpfi?
Sweet... I think I'll stick with the dual point for now because I SUCK with wiring... Enless you want to drive a million miles to Mesa and give me a hand.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Sweet... I think I'll stick with the dual point for now because I SUCK with wiring... Enless you want to drive a million miles to Mesa and give me a hand.

Im actually in Avondale.
I saw that, which is why I said a million miles.

oh, im an idiot. just moved to AZ, dont know where shit is... ok, Ive been here since friggin June. but I have no friends and hardly do shit. Im going to full-race on Thursday to get my traction bars... (thats an invalid point.)

well... im bored. at work, how you get yoru shit straigtened out. ive never done the dpfi > mpfi successfully... which sucks.

Back