89' HF Bogging..........

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

801CRX

Got Rice?
Help........please!!!

My 89' CRX HF bogs down around 2500-3000rpm. I cant figure out what it is, can anyone help me with the possible causes of this.

Thanks

It idles a little funny, it would drop then go back up then drop again and so on. But it doesnt always idle like that, some days its fine and others it idle funny.

my hf bogged really bad under acceleration and a new cap and rotor fixed it...the rotor was totally burned through. yeah change the cap and rotor for a start cause i'm gonna go out on a limb and say you've never done a cap/rotor change on your car before and i'm sure it needs one. they're cheap...go to napa and get a bosch cap with brass terminals and a bosch rotor with a brass center.

I changed the cap and rotor a couple days ago, because that was my first thought also. But it still does it, I think ill check the valve lash and replace the 02 because emissions is coming up.

Thanks guys!!!

I'm still going through the same thing but mine bogs at 5500rpms. I've basically troubleshoot almost everything I could think of, only thing left to do is replace the fuel pump, but what's the valve lash?

Before you replace the fuel pump, check the main relay and O2 sensor.

Valve lash is setting the distance between the rocker arm and tip of the valve stem. Your repair manual should tell you how to do it or I can post the link after I get home.
the link would be nice as I don't know where the manual is, as for the main relay how would I be able to tell if it's bad, isn't it all blacked out

06 (70)

It's for '92-'95 but the procedure's the same.

I just started doing this and it works pretty good. I set the #1 cylinder to TDC via the mark on the crank pulley and set the lash on #1, the intake of #2, and the exhaust of #3. Then I rotate the crank 360* (the cam gear will rotate 180*) using the TDC marker on the crank pulley to line it up and I set all of #4, the intake of #3, and the exhaust of #2. It saves a few minutes and it's a lot more accurate than just sticking something down the spark plug tube.
thanks man

Back