89 Honda Accord Swap Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nick4racing88

Hey I am new to these forums and am sorry if I posted in the wrong location, but in all fairness there are tons of links.

Now to the reason at hand. I have a 5 Speed 1989 Honda accord LXI Coupe (Yes I know its a POS). I was wondering what engines would possibly bolt in. I know the Japanese version of my car comes stock with a B18/B20, but I was wondering if anybody knows if the mounts are similar. I want to Swap my Stock A20A3 out for an engine with some actual power and preferably with V-Tec. If anybody knows of a fairly simple swap your info would be greatly apreciated. Thank you.

B series mounts exist (Placeracing), but WOW are they rare and expensive.

Worry not, there's actually a bit of power to be pulled out of those engines. Enough to gather a few WTF looks from unsuspecting ricers :D

Out of which engines? The B series or the stockie A20A3? My stock one has a grip of power ironically, its running about 160 hp. I take all my friends until their V-Tec kicks in. As you can guess its a bit aggravating.

Back