89 integra lsd?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

klyph

Dismember
VIP
Salutations you grouped blend of nerds with gearhead tendencies. I'm still tryin to figure out a cost effective setup for my d16a1. with the engine upgrades i have planned, and based on the low weight of the transplant vehicle, traction becomes my main concern. Now I am building a "sleeper" so obviously a set of freakishly wide front tires will be a dead giveaway. So, in order to maintain a stock similar apearance while putting the maximum amount of engine power to pavement, i am hoping to install a limited slip dif. My dilemma in researching which lsd i need to buy came to a head when i assumed i could use an lsd that was listed for Honda - Civic / CRX Si / EX models 88-99. however in the hondaswap reference article about trans, it made a note about the L3 trans which i assumed this lsd was for, that said "USDM D16A1 Integra NOTE: Will not fit 88-91 D-blocks". my concern is that if i buy the lsd for the L3 trans, it will not be compatible with whatever the hell trans comes with an 89 usdm integra (my Trans). If anyone knows where i can get an affordable lsd for an 89 teg, i would appreciate it, as it seems the car gods have been set to torture me by making lsd's for 90 tegs abundant, plentiful, and cheap. WHY GOD, WHY?! ONE YEAR! if i had a teg that was 1 damn year newer i would be golden. Thanks.

with further research i found there is more info on honda lawnmower transmissions than 89 integra trans. If someone knows the trans. code for a 5 speed, please post. Is it the L3?

ok searched ebay and found "LSD Limited Slip Differential Conversion Kit 86-00 Acura Integra".

how does this work compared to a helical lsd?

My Bad

sorry, i posted this in the wrong forum. It's for a hybrid car, but i guess it's not hybrid related. sorry.

Back