89 SI Hatch w/ b16a wiring problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alonsoj

I have an 89 si hatch and just put in a OBD-0 B16a and we wired the two O2 sensors together so there wouldn't be any check engine lights, it worked but now when I am at a slow acceleration or a steady cruise the car skips or acts like it is about to run out of gas. I spoke to a guy in Charlotte, NC and he said there was some sort of wiring diagram on this site and I haven't found anything. I'm guessing the 2 O2 sensors need to be wired separate? Thanks for the help

yes. undo that shit. lol

wire the 2nd one into c8

the ecu uses 1 o2 sensor to adjust the a/f ratio for the pair of cyl it flows.

1 o2 for 1 & 4.
1 o2 for 2 & 3.

this is the way the pr3 and pw0 ecu's are designed to work. if u do it another way ur milage will decrease and u may experience some weird flat spots on part throttle / cruising.

wNDQ1MDg3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 26 2004, 12:08 PM
yes. undo that shit. lol

wire the 2nd one into c8

the ecu uses 1 o2 sensor to adjust the a/f ratio for the pair of cyl it flows.

1 o2 for 1 & 4.
1 o2 for 2 & 3.

this is the way the pr3 and pw0 ecu's are designed to work. if u do it another way ur milage will decrease and u may experience some weird flat spots on part throttle / cruising.

If you are Charlotte let me know I have the same set up hooked up I will try to point you in the right direction.

wNDQ1MDg3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

[post=407600]Quoted post[/post]​

Back