90-93 or 94-01 GSR?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stivic

I have a 93 jdm GSR with a stamp B18C weird cuz I thought they were considered B17s the guy at the jdm motorshop said that when I go to buy parts for it its considered a 94 over here. Well the 94-01 LSD is different I need the 92-93 one. As far as the clutch assembly will a 94-01 clutch work with my JDM tranny I think it may be the SY1. Also for axles I'm running 1994 Integra Autozone remans right now they bolt up fine but I need to upgrade probably going with dss's but what year do I get them for??? Also off topic does anyone know the engine redline of this motor?

well it has 93 on the block but the stamp B18C are you saying if it was a 93 GSR it would have B17 stamped on the block?

im not sure on that one,what tranny do u have i mean you might still have the b17 tranny on there

its powder coated so i cant read the stamp on the tranny but i will try to grind it away tomorrow or something if its a 90-93 its a SY1 and if its a 94-01 its either a S80/Y80. Very weird though the SY1s were said to be cable and mine is definately hydraulic so wtf

weird iduno then bro if i find out anymore ill let ya know

Regardless of whether the trasnsmission is a 92-93 gsr (90-91 did not have a gsr trim available) or a 94+ gsr, they share the same housing and input shafts - the only difference between them is the actuation - 92-93 gsrs had a cable clutch, whereas the 94+ has hydraulically actuated clutch. The internals are interchangeable between the two. You might have trouble locating the transmission code if the housing was powdercoated.

Ok from what I've read and from what I know GSR B18C integras started in the US in 1994 and came with a Y80 or S80 tranny. In Japan the B18c came out in the Integra G3s starting in 1993. I have the 93 JDM B18C all I can't seem to find in searching is what hydraulic transmission w/ LSD that motor came with.

The b18c didn't come out until 1994 with the jdm SiR-G, and in the usdm GSR. Hydraulic transmissions did not come in the integra until 1994 with the premier of the 3rd generation integra. g2 integra's (90-93) came with a cable clutch. There is a cable clutch with an LSD. It came as an option for the old SiR I civics. It is a Y1 transmission, and in the 92-93 b16a powered X-Si Integras came with a LSD equipped YS1 transmission, also a cable transmission.

A guide to honda transmissions.... https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/honda-transmission-specs-29132/

I wonder why mine says B18C and its stamped 93. Well the only thing I can determine is that its a B16 tranny or something

I have a 93 JDM B18C swap in my GSR that has stamped both on the head and on the block 93... It must have been one of the first production JDM B18c's. All of the electronics are OBD1 and the trans that came with it was hydraulic. The swap was purchased from Osaka JDM motors about 3 years ago.

My best guess is that the motor was made in late 93 and put into 94 cars. It is not uncommon to find parts in cars that are a year older than the actual car itself.

93_1.jpg

93_2.jpg

93_3.jpg

Last edited:
If you have the same motor as me then what tranny did yours come with i see ur stamp is still there

Back