90 accord drivers window

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91accordlx

my drivers window keeps jaming up and sticking any ideas for wat could be causing it?

Typically it's the motor going out, but those Accords, if I remember right from the one I saw at a junk yard, have the big regulators with teeth in them, which means you can buy the regulator separately unlike newer accords. So pull it out, and if it's like the 95 Civic I worked on that had that problem, and a similar internal design, then you are looking for teeth to be rounded off or missing. If that's the case, just get a new regulator from advance or whatever you have close, it will be like $50 give or take.

Oh and be careful- this applies to the 94-97, but the older ones might be the same- ABSOLUTELY DO NOT force the window out of the door to get the regulator out. It doesn't need to come out on those, it is fixed in the rails and forcing the window out bends the rails, which can only be corrected by replacing the entire door. Now, if the different regulator design allows the window to move around and even possibly come out of the door, then great, but just exercise an appropriate level of caution and gentleness. I got ahold of a door too late after another mechanic had made that mistake. I had to replace the whole door for the woman and then she had to have it painted to match her car. Cost her like $300 because her mechanic was in a hurry.

Back