90' Accord H22a Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smurf2180

I need help. I got the jdm. How dose it bolt up. How to wire it. Sorry I dont know shit about imports. If it is a ford V8 I can do anything.

It's not much harder than a domestic late-model V8. Probably easier actually. Get yourself a $10 Haynes manual from autozone or advance(90-93 Accord), or better yet, the authorized Helm Factory Service manual for your Accord. Read through the Engine and transmission removal procedures, several times, removing them both as a unit.

Before starting, I recommend labeling all connections(vacuum and electrical) and separating all mounting nuts and bolts, labeling them appropriately. Take plenty of before pictures with a digital camera if you've got access to one. Something else that's helpful is placing a vertical Scotch-tape strip next to all the steps in the manual and checking off each step with a grease pencil as you finish them, ensuring all of them are completed.

Once the engine is out, take the time to clean up the engine bay. I always work at the Base hobby shop, so all I have to do is roll the chassis out to the car wash. Soak it good with degreaser ahead of time, then a foamy brush and high-pressure rinse will make it look factory-new (well, almost ;) )

When installing the H22a, installation is EXACTLY the reverse of removal. You will, however, need to add 4 wires from the engine to the ECU unless you use an H22 harness. They are: VTEC oil press. sensor(2 wires), VTEC solenoid activation(1 wire), and knock sensor(1 wire). Paragus, BlackJDMdeath, dohcvtec_accord: help me out if I'm missing anything.

Start it up, you're done. Hopefully it won't even take longer than a weekend... not 4 months like my brother nimblecivic's B16A swap. :lol: Hope that helps. If you looks at my sig, you see I have no prejudices (except Fords :unsure: )

Well, it's ALMOST that simple. He's going to have to convert from OBD0 to OBD1, and I'm not sure what's involved with that. I've never worked with an OBD0 car. There might be a conversion harness available, but I have a feeling he's going to need to do the wiring himself.

Back