90 civic b16a engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mailey

I have just put in a B16a ef9 jdm motor and tranny into my 90 civic si this is my first swap and didn't really struggle except now with the wiring got the vtec oil pressure and solenoid wired along with secondary o2 and knock to the ecm that came with engine
please tell me if this is correctvtec oil pressure B5, vtec solenoid A8, knock sensor B19 and sec o2 C8
now the problem for me is I got the complete harness with the engine and on the drivers side the harness that gets connected at the strut tower has 4 rows of wires a 3 4 4 3 round plug but the vechile harness only has 8 pin round connector. I found all my injector wires at this locatio(yellow,light blue, brown,red) as so my knock sensor and both vtec wires I guess what I am asking is can anyone help with taking the harness that came with the engine 14pin and wire it correctly to the 8pin that is on the vechile because other than the injector wire colors nothing else matches up
thanks in advance

I could be wrong but the jdm harness are left hand drive so they wouldnt work in the first place.

Use the harness that was on the old engine and add the wires you need. You have the extra harness in case you need to chop off some plugs are what not so that is kind of handy.

alrighty dont h8te cause im a newbie but im curious what will swap from a honda hatch to my crx body wise also how difficult it would be to put a crx si motor in my hf

Back