90 Civic B18

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mitch86m

Hey everyone,
I got a 90 civic hatch that im going to be do a B18A1 swap in, I have a whole 90 integra (complete) for a donor car (it was rolled onto its side, no drivetrain damage), but its an automatic. all the info i can find is for a manual swap. has anyone every done an automatic swap? if anyone one can tell me what's different from the manual swap besides the odvious that would be greatly apreciated. thank you

Making the automatic transmission work wouldnt be worth the trouble in my opinion. I would find a cable 5 speed ls transmission and swap that in along with your new engine. Thats just my 2 cents though!!;)

Yeah, i realize its not the more common thing to do, swap an automatic. But im not exactly trying to build an all out race car by doing it. It would just solve alot of problems by me making an automatic car, So, if anyone knows any info on swapping the automatic, it would be great! if not, i guess i'll do a write up when i get mine done. lol

I respect your opinion, with any patience you can make anything happen. Your biggest challenge will be getting it all wired up. You will need everything from the automatic, including any seperate transmission box/brain besides the ecu to make it all work. Good luck, if I can offer you any more assistance I will be more than happy to help you!!;)

nope. lol its manual. but im gunna be swapping the whole dash and everything from the teg into the car, so the auto setup is comin outta that and into the civic.

dear god why!?!

Don't take it the wrong way, it just seems like a big waste.
It won't be very expensive to get an LS or B16 trans, and you'll be able to smoke the tires![ooooo tire smoke! can't do that in an auto...]

lol

lol, being able to smoke the tires is the least of my worries. I dont care about going fast in it, just to say I have a b18a1 in it is good enough for me. its not going to be a race car, and actually I get speeding tickets in my slow ass truck so being able to bang gears in a little sports car wont go over good for me. so i decided to keep it automatic. plus my girlfriend may have to drive the car from time to time and does not kno how to drive a stick. so this just makes it easier. plus i already have all the parts, and I dont really enjoy driving manual cars. so, automatic suits the needs I have for the car more. hence why i decided to do the swap. plus my dash is all screwed from the previous owner so the teg one will fix that aswell. so in doing the swap Im improving the apearance of the car, the engine of the car, and in my case the driveability of the car. I do respect your opinion, and Im not going to lie if this car was for any other purpose than for transportation daily pretty much I would completly agree with you. but due to my circumstances, I prefer it to be automatic.

Did you ever get any real help? I am doing the same thing in a 91. I could use any help you got.

Back