90 Civic Si Hb Fuel pump LOCATION

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arpee79

OK i bought a walbro 255lph part # gss342 is this the right one anyw00t i was about to install the damn thingy and to my surprise it isnt under my rear seat all i found was the GAS FLOTER in the middle of the rear seat and fuel lines next to the GAS FEED PIPE (where you fill the tank with gas) and sorta followed them down and THATS IT wheres is the DAMN THING WHERE?????

Its not anywhere under the seat ITS A 1990 Civic Si HB MADE IN CANADA if it makes a DIFF... A friend said that i might have to take the gas tank off to get to it and i said BS.........Butt i bet hes right CAN ANYONE PLZ CONFIRM :huh:

THANKS

Originally posted by arpee79@Sep 8 2003, 11:35 PM
OK i bought a walbro 255lph part # gss342 is this the right one anyw00t i was about to install the damn thingy and to my surprise it isnt under my rear seat all i found was the GAS FLOTER in the middle of the rear seat and fuel lines next to the GAS FEED PIPE (where you fill the tank with gas) and sorta followed them down and THATS IT wheres is the DAMN THING WHERE?????

Its not anywhere under the seat ITS A 1990 Civic Si HB MADE IN CANADA if it makes a DIFF... A friend said that i might have to take the gas tank off to get to it and i said BS.........Butt i bet hes right CAN ANYONE PLZ CONFIRM :huh:

THANKS

Yep, it's inside the gas tank, and you will need to remove the access cover to replace it.

Ok i dint get you JIM yes i need to take the entire tank completely off or is there another way cuz there is no access under the rear seats.....THANKS :blink:

if i were you i would go to Pep Boys, open up one of those Haynes manuals and find out how to get to the fuel pump. when you're done reading it, put it back on the shelf and walk out. that's one way to make sure you're getting accurate info.

OMG LOL that was funny....And the funny thing i went to PEP pOYS and did exactly that even before i readd the reply LOL.Anyway i would have bought.....( NOT ) it if they had the 90 civic Hb but good old reliable PEP BOYS dont have shit,Anyway im getting closer and i 80% sure i will need to drop the whore tank off,And by the looks of it....it will be a biatch theres like 2 straps wich looks easy but the fuel lines and have to BURN all that GAS almost a full tank WHERE TO BURN hmm.... :burnout: ....anyway if YOU GUYS KNOW WHERE EXACTLY IT IS let me KNOW to be shure...

thanks

Originally posted by jeff@Sep 9 2003, 03:08 PM
You cheap fuck. Its like 10 bucks for the Haynes manual.

i know when i'm in need of some assistance i don't want to pay for the info so i came up with the idea of getting the info for free.

and yes, i'm a cheap fuck. :D
that's only cuz i'm a strugglin ball-ah. :p

I was being sarcastic but still its ten bucks for a general idea of what you are doing.

Back