90 CRX D series swap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lucid

I have a 90 CRX with a blown motor but from what I can tell everything else seems to be alright. By alrigth I mean its not gunna klill it if I don't replace right now. found a motor for 600, rebuilt and It's being shipped in from mesa, arizona.

I've never put in a motor before and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me. Pitfalls things to look out for and adive on the easiest way to get it done. I wanted to go B16A1 like my last crx but the engine is too far out of my budget right now.

do a quick search on the forums, all the information for just about everyting is here, just might have to a take a little time to find it.

yeah i am. did you read it. the motors blown and i cant afford at b series. i need this to pass smog too and i dunno what i can strip and wat i cant yet to still max performance without being illegal. so help me out or peace bro. i got no time for bull

Which combo?

Which combo are you going with a6/y8 -or- a6/z6 -or- other?. This will better my helping skills especially if it's a d16y8 because I am doing the exact swap on my d16a6. Take care, buddy.

Last edited:
the previous owner had done it but i had to do a lot of repairs after i got it. there were sensors hanging, the axle shaft broke when i replaced the hub and bearing. im thinking y8

Z6 FTW! Y8's spin bearings. Z6's are easier to put in, wiring wise. I'm 15 years old and properly put in a D16Z6 into my EF hatch.

If you use the a6 block you will not spin a bearing it is the y8's that are notorious for spinning bearings. BUT, to be honest the d16z6 head is A LOT easier to install than a y8 head!.

If you could, I would try to get a hold of a jdm d15b head. It's the same as the d16z6 but with a more aggressive cam...

Back