90 crx driver side tire sets back 2 inches more than passanger

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

londoncrx

i have a bent fender on the drivers side so thats why i always thought it looked like it was pushed back more towards the door but then i measured it and its 2 inches off any ideas on what it could be its not a bent frame

2 inches is incredible.. Did you measure to the bent fender or to another fixed point on the car? If it really is 2 inches off, it should be handling very horribly, clunking, etc.. Take a look under there, it will be very obvious if something is bent or broken that that extent.

yeh ive been drivong on it it does handle like shit espically at around 75 or 80 mph ok im gonna switch out the lca and tie rod and see if it helps

if your wheel is back 2 inches, something is seriously screwed up. you should NOT be driving on it.

take a look. you'll be able to see if something is bent/broken.

Front Crossmember is probably shot(I had this issue too). Along with this, the mounting for the front traction bar may be messed up also.

The front traction bar ties into the front cross member, which is bolted to the frame. I'm guessing that either your frame is bent, or your cross member is bent. Either get them straightened/replaced, or if you take apart the front traction bar, you will see that the washers that hold it in rest against a ledge on the traction bar. If you grind this ledge back and thread the rod farther, you will bring the front wheel forward.

You can also cut the traction bar and take a piece out, but that is a little more obvious and I would tend to avoid cutting a structural suspension component.

i looked at everything nothing seemed obviously bent but the traction bar only had one bolt and i didnt have time to try to get it lined back up to put the other bolt in it

sounds like you need to either remeasure or take it to a shop.

Back