90 Crx OBD 0 to OBD 1 problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sub95

90 Crx OBD 0 to OBD 1 problems Bogging/Fixed

HI, I have 90 crx dx wiring harrnes which was wired for obd 0 B16 worked fine but now that i 'am seeing the Ref to get it all legal i had to make it obd 1.

Problems

1, way Rich co% 3.79 idle and 3.98 @2500 rpm HC 453 idle and 322@ 2500 rpms

2. give it full throttle ( hold it there ) it will die out tell it hits 1000rpms then it will rev to 2000-2500 rpms then die out again , it just keeps doing this, take a little throttle away and it will rev just fine? No check engine light, V-tech works.

car has Dx harness. HF/SI obd 0 to obd 1 adapter to P30 ecu, ob1 distributor and injectors, Resistor box removed, 4 wire o/2 sensor (works)

I think the 2 problems i have are related to each other just cant find what the problem is, Any help would be greatful.

Thanks

Last edited:
do you have an aftermarket distributor? a lot of aftermarket OBD1 distributors have a couple of the wires switched, specifically, the orange and white - if it is aftermarket, try switching the orange and white wires in the connector

Found the problem, The guy i bought the crx from did the swap, DX DPFI to MPFI well he Didnt switch the outer 2 wires on the TPS sensor so it was seeing full throttle at idle and bogging at full throttle.

Back