90 Crx Si Engine Swap ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

clowninaround_02

I have a 90 Crx si and Want to Shed the Puny Engine That This Thing Came with and Put Some Real Ponies in it ..
Now i Have Heard of People Putting a V-tec Out of a GSR in these Things How Hard will That Be ??? or What would Be a Better Engine to Swap Into this Car ?
What ever i Put Into This Thing i would Like to Eventually Boost it .
Trying to Debate Between Turbo or Supercharged. Any Suggestions ? <_<

the JDM DOHC ZC engine will give you 130 hp for good price, and you don't need a mount kit or new tranny.Its as close as you can get to plug and playand with the money you save you could get a Turbo. I think Greddy has a Turbo kit for this engine and I believe Crower makes internals for it.

The JDM B16A1 engine is more expensive, but is 160HP stock and has probably more aftermarket support then any 4-banger. As with all B-series engines (GSR included) this will NOT bolt in, you will need the parts described above (HASPORT). The USDM B18A eninges are good for Turbo as well, similar install as B16A1.

The GSR (B18C) is OBD1, so there will be more complicated wiring involved. The GSR engine is also A LOT
more expensive then any of the engines listed above.

IMHO - JDM B16A1 w/ Turbo :worthy:

b16a sir1
maxrev turbo kit
hondata

fast car for 5 grand

Thanks For All the Info .. I think i Might Just Buy the Whole Front Clip off www.tellap.com
Seems Like it would Save Me some Trouble ..
One More Small Question .. What Would Be the Better Choice to Run a Turbo or a Super Charger and what Should The Compression Be ? Not Concerned about Cost.

This Car is Pretty Much going to Be a Daily Driver and Now & Then Hit the Local Drag strip Looking to Get Some High Marks

Originally posted by clowninaround_02@Apr 21 2003, 01:53 AM
I have a 90 Crx si and Want to Shed the Puny Engine That This Thing Came with and Put Some Real Ponies in it ..
Now i Have Heard of People Putting a V-tec Out of a GSR in these Things How Hard will That Be ??? or What would Be a Better Engine to Swap Into this Car ?
What ever i Put Into This Thing i would Like to Eventually Boost it .
Trying to Debate Between Turbo or Supercharged. Any Suggestions ? <_<

get the b16a its the best way unless you get a b18a cheaper but the gsr is over price and under power for me B) B)

Well the "puny" motor in it is your best bet. Build the block and turbo it. They make great turbo motors for a fraction of the cost of a swap.

Back