90 Crx Si With 90 B18a Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you dont need the B18 ECU, you use the old one and the old harness, you just need to add a few wires, and relocate a few others.

yes u can use the b18a ecu, and yes it does plug into the wires. They are BOTH obdo as long as ur engine is a 91-90, if ur engine is 92+ then its obd1 and it wont plug in.

Thanks sleeper. I figured that it would plug in considering it is an OBD0 ECU and I am getting an OBD1 engine. I got another question. What part did you say you had to remove from the integra axle so that it will spin? Thanks.

wooo man, u just got ur words wrong. an obd1 engine in ur obd0 car WONT be a drop in, you have to change injectors, distributor, and make it an obd0, THEN use ur stock Si harness with Si obd0 injectors, and THEN buy an obd0 integra ecu, then it will all run smooth. a OBD1 engine/harness wont plug into an obd0 ecu, and an obd0 harness wont plug into an obd1 ecu, u gotta make sure either the whole harness is obd1 then use obd1 ecu, or change the engine to obd0 then use obd0 ecu ( changing to obd0 will be easier but obd1 is easier to tune)

obd 0 engines = 90-91 integra engines
obd 1 = 92-95? i believe.
also, they are dust bearings/sheilds, a little silver piece on inside hub, u should see them when ur down there, a few websights are out that show it being done, but i dont know any off hand.

Yeah sleeper I tripped up on my words. I am planning on getting a 90 to 91 LS engine. I dont even want to deal with converting to OBD1. Thanks for all the help though. I think I am really prepared for the swap now. My friend finally got his B16 running in his EG civic, however it took him 3 weeks because he wasnt prepared. Hopefully I will have my swap done MUCH quicker.

How do you wire the cutoff/purge sensors that are next to the map sensor? my 90 CRX DX only has one sensor, and the cluster from the integra has 2.
:shrug2:

YO WHATS UP SLEEP??? anyway hey i just got done with the swap not to long ago in my rex....just use the Si engine harness...leave the ls injectors alone just use those... DONT FORGET TO MAKE A DENT THERE THE ALTERNATOR GOES!!!!! and i had to add a wire...i took it to my friends it was one that goes to the intake manifold...it only took um 15 min... ok and hey heres a few parts u will need....integra clutch cable(dont let a junk yard try to tell you 70 bucks cause u can get new ones for 50!!) integra throttle cable...OHH there will be these two vaccum things that go on the firewall they come on this rail it has a map sensor and a plug get the whole thing at a junkyard its on the firewall of the integ..ALSO cut the other end of the white plug on that vaccum piece u will need it..ur crx has 2 wires and the integra has 4....u just tap the green wire to the grreen one and black to black and solder them together...sounds hard its not at all when u understand and see what im sayin...and yes like sleep said take out the dust thing on the hub of ur car and take off that rubber thing on the end of the axle....they show u how on hasport.com click on the allmotors guys link... anyother probs let me know and i will tell ya what i know.....

Not trying to jack anyones thread or anything, just wondering if someone could clear up a lot questions that I have for when I do this swap in my 89' crx. Ok, here goes. First, my crx is an HF, will my harness work, will I have to swap injectors, is the harness too short on the engine bay side. I need new hubs and steering knuckles from a dx or an si right, would it be easier to just get the 90-91 integra axles, hubs, knuckles, arms, intermediate shaft and everything, or should I buy pre-fab aftermarket axles and get the other knuckles and hubs and the integra intermediate shaft, Another thing, will my harness plug into the black piece from the integra firewall, I believe its the purge sensor/mapsensor rail and plug into the silver little box off the integra's driver side wheel well, you know the silver thing with the green clip. Also, should something from my hf harness plug into the little green plug on the back of the ls block I think its an oil pressure sensor. Please, also feel free to correct me on any of this if I'm wrong, I would just really like to learn everything I can about this swap. My integra motor is out of a 1990 LS, so it is obd0 and I have the ecu from the same car, I believe it is the PR3. My last question is that my ecu is for an automatic transmission, but I am going to buy a 5-speed ls tranny, do I need to re-pin anything in my ECU or what do I need to do to my ECU so it doesnt throw codes or keep my check engine light on. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRICIATED!!! :worthy: Thanks again.

hey man, this threat is fine b/c it goes through like everything to do with the b18a swap, so i suggest reading it through if u have some time, also now u have 2 experts me and crxfreak who just did swaps so we can be alot of help, anyway down to ur questions, yes ur lucky ur Hf is the best car to do it in, the harness will work b/c u have mpfi, but sadly ur hubs wont, go buy some DX or Si hubs at a local wrecker even before u start. when u use ur stock HF harness use the LS injectors. OOO i see heres your question about hubs, umm ya, integra hubs... u can go for it, no real reason tho, Si/DX ones will work find, just use those it will make ur life easier. for axels, use the stock integra axels and intermediate, theres a link on the original post a few back about how to take the spacer out of the axels so the tires spin, make sure u read that. next question about the resistor box, i have no idea man, i used a CRX Si, and it worked fine, but ur HF might be different hopefully someone else can help u out there. Lastly the ECU deal, i got my ECU from a wrecker for $50 bucks canadian, the auto wont be as good, dont worry about pins, just go buy an old 5 speed ecu, trying to rework an ECU is hard and sucks up alot of time, just do it right the 1st time so u dont have any problems. anymore problems man let me know.

I was looking through some of my magazines and i found a may edition of Sport Compact. I was surprised to find there was an article on a B18 into an EF chassis. I was wondering what you guys did about the speedometer cable drive gear? Did you just switch the one from the civic/crx with the one from the integra? Thanks.

Also, does anyone know if this only has to be done with ef swaps. My friend put a b16 in his eg and he didnt do it. I am trying to figure out if he needs to.

I also just did the 91 b18a LS motor swap into my 88 CRX HF, I wish i would have asked you guys before i did my hub conversion, I had no idea that i could use the DX or SI hubs, So i did it the hard way.. I got the hub from the 91 integra and put it in to the stock HF knuckle, Well now i know what i can use of i need a new hub

hey....i just did a similar swap in my '91 crx....i put in a b18b. everything is done but it overheats now and i dont know why. i just wanted to know...if any of the sensors needed to be changed because of voltage differences between the crx and the integra. thanks alot.

ok first question, u will need the speedo cable from a 90-93 integra, and YES u do need it, who cares about the EG its a completely different car.also, did u change ur b18b back to obd0?, if ur having a problem with overheating, check out ur rad, hoses and everything that holds water, check if your leaking, fans working and everything, if nothing is wrong there then come back.

Well im all new the Motor swapping scene, but i also used the radiator from the integra in my CRX, Not sure if that makes a difference, i just used it since it keep the motor cool when it was in the integra

thanks for the tip about the speedo cable, i guess that explains why the crx one doesnt reach the tranny. anyway, i did change the b18b back to obd0, i have a brand new radiator, brand new thermo (but i took it out b/c no fluid was flowing thru the lower radiator hose), and i even bypassed the heating core...fluid is flowing thru all the hoses, and the fan is working properly. at first i thought it might be the water pump but i was told that if fluid is flowing thru the hoses then its not the water pump. so the only other thing i can think of is that it has something to do with the sending unit.

wow u guys all changes the speedo cable from the integra over to the crx??? thats weird i never had to reached fine works fine...well if its working i wont fix it by buying an integra one...but i still need the integra throttle cable man i have mine all rigged up but hey it goes full throttle so what the hell right??? i'll buy one soon tho and damn man i kinda wish i would have got the hf and did the swap thats a pretty big weight differance...did the radiator for the integra fit good??is it a little thicker then the crx because my header is like a cm away from my ac fan when i have it in so i dont want to get an integra radiator and have no clearance...maybe i'll just buy a fluidyne one...

Back