90 Crx With A 91 Ls.....questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dragoncrxls

I am in the process of doing a swap, my first swap, and I have done 99.8% of it all by myself.(my dad helped me with some of the wiring) I am stuck on getting the speedometer drive gear out of the old transmission, I have done everything, I have even thrown the tranny down the driveway! If anyone knows any tricks please let me know.

Did you look in a haynes manual???? The shop manuals usually do a pretty good job of explainingthese things.

wait why are u trying to take it out? does it not work or do u think u need ur old one to make it work? i just used the one that came with my ls tranny my speedo and tach work fine....

there is a small clip under the rubber boot at the tranny side of the speedo cable (at least that was the problem I once ran into) remove the rubber boot and look around

I think I will just buy one. I need it for the new motor cause my car has rack and pinion not power steering and the old one has a power steering bypass on it, oh yeah and I broke it.

Back