90 DA6 Integra Needs Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EFB18A1

hey guys, i dont know if this ever happened to anyone of yall but my integra been having problem starting up. i mean sometimes it starts up but i have to wait til the check engine like goes out when i turn the key to on. and sometimes i dont start at all that's usually after it been running for a while and i turn it off and when i try to turn it back on it wont start. i was told it was the rotor and cap by someone but my other friend said it might be a electric problem. im just hoping for some opinion. thanks guys.

If it was the rotor or cap it would be an electrical problem. Just take the distibutor cap and look at what kind of shape its in. You can also do the redneck thing and stick a screwdriver into the spark plug end of the wire and have someone crank the engine.

Im going to go with an electrical problem, my car does that same shit, i have a swap and ive gone throug a few cap and rotors, same thing it just seems to happen when it wants to.

it could be your main ignition relay.

if the interior of your car gets too warm it can make your car not start if the realy is bad, it also will cause your car to not start if it gets a short run and is warm, like goin to the gas station.

thanks guys, i think it's the main relay now. i tried to unplug it and wiggle it around with it slightly plugged in and the check engine light went on and off. although it's probably time to change the cap and rotor too though. havent been changed since 1990. <_<

oh yeah, i forgot, if the car wont turn, smack the fuse panel with your fist when trying to start it. if it starts when you hit the fuse/kick panel, then its the realy.

And also unless your car is from JAPAN and is right hand drive it isnt a DA6. It's a DA9.

Back