90 DX MPFI Swap Idle issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rennie527

I am just putting my 91 dx back together after replacing the timing belt, fuel filter, head gasket, and doing the mpfi swap. I am having issues getting the car to start, it will crank for about 30 seconds before it finally roughly starts, but then it idles really low and when I open up the throttle it just bogs down. I am 99% sure it is not a timing or A vacuum issue. I also got my mpfi swap harness from monotech off ebay so that portion of the wiring should be fine. My ecu is showing A code 10, as well as a code 16, so that is for the IAT sensor and the fuel injectors respectively but I dont know what could be causing these issues. Any help or suggestiongs would be greatly appreciated guys.

Did you check your throttle cable adjustment? That could definately be it. Also, did you take the distributor off then on again, or screw around with it at all? If so, you need to set the distributor timing again, do this with a friend. Most of the time the IAT sensor throws a code because it is not hooked up. Did you receive distributor adaptors as well with the DPFI-MPFI swap, if not your wiring will not be correct. There is 2 white wires on the 7-pin distributor plug, a thick wire and a thin wire, and are very hard to notice the difference. Make sure that they are not crossed. I do not believe that is the case because I have heard that if those are mix-matched then it will not even fire.

Also, did you install the fuel injector resistor box. If not, DO NOT try to start the engine until that is installed because it will burn out your injectors eternally.

The IAT sensor is hooked up, I have adjusted the throttle cable but all it does is bog once its opened at all. I am running an si distributor and that all should be hooked up and wired correctly. I do have the injector resistor box and everything installed on that end, the injectors metered out to be within specs for resistance when I tested them too.

Back