90' HB DX w/d15, auto \ going to d16 ECU QUESTION

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lcompeau

Hello all,

A newbie question: I have a 90 HB DX w/ d15 and an Auto trans. I picked it up for $350 running, perfect body, decent interior. Here is the question, I have a JDM d16 that I want to put in it. I know I have to switch the ECU and harness, that is a given. But this is the first HB with an Auto Transmission I have messed with. Do I have to have a special ECU since it is using an Auto Trans?

I am not wanting to change it over to a manual trans. I want to keep the Auto Trans.

I guess my question is will I need a certain ECU to interface for the 1.6 with auto trans in a 90' HB DX?

Please any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
LCompeau

you're obviously not worried about performance. Swap the D15 intake manifold onto the D16 and run like that. done.

yo lcompeau,
I believe what you will want to use is a PS9 ecu from a 91 civic ex. it had MPFI like the SIs but came with auto tranny.
i've heard that there may be SI ecus (PM6) that support auto transmissions but don't have any ecu number information on that. hope this helps you more than that snivelling moron radnulbs reply.

Back