90 HB Upper Suspension

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dveit

VIP
I havn't gotten a chance to look at my 'ol 1990 civic hatchback until I pulled it outta storage this weekened from the winter. Seems that during the towing or somehow the front-right control arm snapped off. Just wonder how easy this is to fix? I looked up parts at several junk yards and they are not expensive at all compared to what the shop was going to do. Anyways, getting to the point, will I have trouble replacing this myself if I jacked the car up?

PS - I have a haynes manual for my car, but this shits just too confusing :blink:

I had my dad take a look at it, but he just wants to send it to a shop. I know that I can easily save at least 50% by doing this myself. But, again, will it be a hard task with just minor mechanical skills that I have. (work i've done in previous years include changing oil, changing brakes, installing CAI, installing header)

I only ask this question because I need my car to be running very shortly and it is my only mode of transportation. I'm pretty sure if taken to a shop, it could take weeks, and I just don't have the much time. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

If it's just the control arm that's broken, you can replace it pretty easily. If anything else in the car is bent or broken off, you should take it to a shop to have the mount points fixed.

Ehhh, see, i'm not exactly sure which peice it is that is broken. i'm pretty sure that it's the control arm, but I could be mistaken. I mean, the peice is just hanging and dangling from beneath the car, just like my balls. Anyways, I'll snap a picture of it tommorrow and post it up for you guys. Hopefully that will help you, so you can help me. :)

Back