90 honda civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

marquis

i have a 90 civic and my cel is on and my ecu blinks 16 times and repeats that same thing what code is this and it has a ruff idle promblem to and i have to shift gears early i cant tach it out cause it want rev high

Thanks for information but I am noob and I do not know how I can check error code without a code reader (OBD0). I believe most people know that. Please give me a hint. ECU is under floor mat right then what should I do? Thanks

The light flashing tells what code you have. You have code 16
Fuel Injector System
defective circuit or unplugged / defective fuel injector

no. code 16 it would blink seven times. one long and 6 short. post the pattern that the ecu is blinking. it has to be more than one unless the ecu is bad

d15

so i im having trubile pulling out my d15 crank i have it down to the block and i still have the rod conected to it i still im having trubile with it

no. code 16 it would blink seven times. one long and 6 short. post the pattern that the ecu is blinking. it has to be more than one unless the ecu is bad

Oh, my ecu blinked 16 short times non-stop, then repeated. I replaced my main relay and no more problems.

not correct - OBD0 D-series ECUs do not have long and short blinks, only short blinks - 16 blinks is a problem in the fuel system - if the car is DPFI with code 16, the problem is usually with one of the injectors - common problem with DPFI - could also be the main relay, but usually if you have a problem with the main relay, it won't even run

Last edited:
Back