90crx dx b18b1 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mackh1017

ok i am in the process of doing a b18b1 motor swap into my 90 dx model crx. i just got off the phone with a friend of mine in pensacola, fla. he said that the engine wont be any good cause it is an obd-1 engine and i have an obd-0 car. now i know that there are tons of you people out there with swaps in thier crx's but what i need to know from you is if he is right or not. the b18b1 is a non v-tec motor out of a 95 integra rs model. is this an obd-1 engine or what? and if i do drop it in my crx will the fuel and air mix ratios be a bitch to twerk or can i fix all that with a simple ecu swap????

you can use an OBD1 motor in your CRX, no problems.

You have two choices:

1. Use an OBD1 PR4/P74/P75 ECU with the OBD1 motor, and convert your CRX's wiring to OBD1. This is probably the best option if you are planning on boost because the OBD1 boost mangement options are much better. This is NOT an easy wiring job, but it can be done and work flawlessly.

2. Use an OBD0 90-91 LS distributor with the 90-91 PR4 ECU. The OBD0 distributor bolts up like it was meant to be there. You have to lengthen a wire here or there due to some things being in different places (forget details) and change a connector or two (o2 sensor, etc.), but its still a relatively easy swap.

Back