91.78mph? 1/4times? questions!?!/

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleEPeR_CRX

hey all i was at the local track last night, i threw down a best 15.038, on my dead clutch, not bad, but should be in the 14's.... anyway, i also got a new highest speed. most of my speeds have been mid 89's to low 90's. but this time i got a 91.78?, what kinda 1/4 mile times should i be around with this speed on a Stock LS in a 1990 CRX Si. dont flame me for asking, just wanna know what u guys would think i would run had i hooked up at the start.
PS the run was a 15.136@91.78mph

I agree with B, you should be getting high 14's (maybe 14.7-14.8) if you had a nice new clutch in there and had a decent launch and reaction time.

BTW, what was your reaction time?

r/t doesn't count towards your time unless your running a pro tree.... which, is highly doubtful

if you put on a J-R tranny then that b18 would boggey man, good luck nest time.

Milan

sorry to steel your thread sleeper.

i have a 90 crx si w/b16a1

all stock motor(accept for no name ram air)

the car has everything still in it. 0 weight reduction

I ran a 16.01 - 1/4 @ 90.5 MPH <_<

radial tires, 15 inch wheels

that must mean i have a shity launch hu? :blink: or is this to be a good starting point given my car weight and wheels?

Starting point meaning; your driving ok for now ... now start moding it.
:thumbsup: :thumbsdown:

no problem on thread stealing, no u cant get stock LSD for LS series tranny, unless i was to get a quaife which i dont have money for. as for a 16@90.5
thats a lil low for speed, and time. a fully stock b16a civic here runs 14.9's at 91. WITH stock exhaust. ur 60 foot times should be 2.1 or 2.0. also get an intake and a good 2.25" exhaust with header, and u should drop alot. Vtec needs to breathe so get exhaust soon, and u will drop alot of time.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Aug 17 2003, 09:21 PM
J-R tranny?
i was thinking of putting on a b16a tranny, but i dont like the idea of 4200 rpm at 60mph.

JDM ITR is probably what is is saying.

the b16 tranny would be good for you.... if you want to save gas, install your ls 5th gear into the b16 tranny :) LSD's are good :)

ya i would love to do the Ls 5th into b16a 1-4, but i dont have the knowledge or $$$ to get it done just yet.eventually i would like to, but right now i gotta focus on getting my cams in, doing a mild build on the head. save some money, buy a header, FPR, and cam gears. then rechip an ECU to use to take advantage of the cams, then i might look into the tranny swap, but most likely something will comeup b4 that day comes.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Aug 17 2003, 11:26 PM
no problem on thread stealing, no u cant get stock LSD for LS series tranny, unless i was to get a quaife which i dont have money for. as for a 16@90.5
thats a lil low for speed, and time. a fully stock b16a civic here runs 14.9's at 91. WITH stock exhaust. ur 60 foot times should be 2.1 or 2.0. also get an intake and a good 2.25" exhaust with header, and u should drop alot. Vtec needs to breathe so get exhaust soon, and u will drop alot of time.

thanx sleeper

you in canada??

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Aug 18 2003, 02:18 AM
ya i would love to do the Ls 5th into b16a 1-4, but i dont have the knowledge or $$$ to get it done just yet.
FPR

talk to Pills. he isntalled an ls 5th in his itr tranny.

FPR, you don't need. don't waste your money. you don't need any more than stock rail pressure... even at 600 whp. you need/want VOLUME, not PRESSURE.

and with your mods, you won't need either. bills car on the stock ls computer was running rich as fuck from 5000 to stock fuel cut, mostly due to instense vacuum that the more air going through the system provided. trust me on this. naw fuck it- here's the dyno graph.... and yes, this was done on the 403's

s3ec7a74a1fbde.jpg

hes running mid 13:1. all motor, thats rich. a low 14:1 would be ideal. and thats 100% stock fuel system, CX fuel pump, LS injectors, stock ls rail, stock ls fpr, stock ls ecu, 0 tunable objects.

hey man,i dont want to be rude
but ur crx is not good at all..
my crx with b18 got 13.9@99mph...@ puerto rico
and my kia 99 did 14.0@97also puerto rico
rememer,is not the car,its the driver and the tuning
contact me if anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back