91 Accord EX trans problem, ideas/help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

beano135

My buddy has a 91 accord EX with Automatic trans. other than 1st gear it seems like it starts out literally in whatever gear you put it in. For example if you put it in 4th it lugs/slips excessively to try to get going, 3rd is a little better, 2nd and 1st seem exactly the same( i don't think it is even going into 1st cause it goes like 30 miles an hour in 1st(is that normal , i thought it was too fast.
I heard people who had similar problems and it turned out to be some solenoid or something. I wanted to find out about that before changing the whole trans!
Thanks, Andy

do some research, it works wonders. was looking at a 92 accord ex a while back. transmissions dont tend to fry on them to easy.... although i wont doubt that it happens.check to make sure you dont have a broken ECU. that will fuck things up. and check all other option before buying a new tranny. if you end up needing a new one, Ebay is your best friend. you can get them between 250-600$ sometimes.

Back