1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

91 civic d15z1 block z6 head

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by DeEvolveMe, Apr 1, 2011.

1. DeEvolveMe

DeEvolveMe New Member

Ok so here I go, I picked up a 91 hatch a few months back it had the z1 block and a z6 head, now it runs fine but could be better since it only has dpfi and I would like to convert to mpfi. Now I got the z6 dizzy and complete intake manifold and the p28 is on it's way. Do I need a resistor box? Si engine harness? Or anything special for the conversion since I have the engine in already? Anything advice would help first project car. Thanks

2. zlee19

zlee19 New Member

i currently did a rebuild on a 92 civic cx and had the biggest headache i could imagine i thought the motor was a d15b8 wich is the 8 valve but it turned out to have a d15z1 block and a d16z6 head and i got to wondering how much power this motor puts out stock?

3. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

the main problem with a having a D16Z6 head on a D15Z1 block is that the compression ratio is dropped down to only about 7.8:1 - not good for producing much power

about the only way to fix it is to put JDM D15B P08 pistons in it to raise the compression back up to 9.3:1 - or you could swap the entire Z1 short block for one from Z6

Last edited: May 11, 2011
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted