91 civic zc dohc vavle lash adjustment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joshuah80

can someone tell me what the valve lash specifications are for a 91 honda civic /crz zc dohc or where to find them. I have been searching online for hours..thanks

Intake: .13mm to .17mm or .0051in to .0067in

Exhaust: .15mm to .19mm or .0059in to .0075in

You'll want to get them as close to the small side of spec as possible.

Do you want the small side to adjust for human error on the actual tightness of the gap when adjusting?

Its different for me (JDM B16A)....kinda weird. I have done it about 5 times and still don't like doing it. I don't feel very confident.

I don't know how snug the feeler gauge should feel so I stay on the tighter side of the gap and try to leave all of them the same (in terms of feel when I put the gauge in and out).

I figure this way....if I'm loose...I'm not too loose. I was always told the looser side will allow for more efficiency at higher rpm's. But I quieted my car down a lot with new exhaust and OEM EG6 intake so I hear those valves a lot more now....thinking about tightening them up now.

The smaller side means less valve noise and more lift. More lift is more power. The looser side is good to prevent valve floating, but in a factory honda reving to factory specs, you don't have to worry about that on the tight side. Also, when they wear, they wear toward the loose side, so you'll be within spec until the next adjustment.

Tightening them up then....I need to look up those specs on the B16A OBD1...unless someone has that info handy?

I wonder if I NEED to replace my valve cover gasket when I adjust valve lash? I just put a new one on about 500-600 mies ago (when I put the swap in) and figure I can get away with re-using it...after the honda bond is taken off and new bond is applied (I only used a little bit on corners and cam spots)

But if its best to buy a new one....no biggy

Back